McDonald’s Arrives at DC Ranch Crossing in October!
Dorothy Stingley, a partner in the McDonald’s currently slated to open this October recently spoke with ”Ranch News” about her newest location.
Welcome to the neighborhood, Dorothy! We understand that you and your husband Wayne have a legacy with McDonald’s that spans decades. Can you elaborate?
A: We opened our first McDonald’s restaurant in Wayne’s hometown of Chicago on June 10, 1981, and operated restaurants there until our move to the Valley in 1993. We’ve grown our business from four to 12 restaurants in the past 20 years. Most of all, we are extremely proud of our work with the Ronald McDonald House and its Scholarship Programs.
Q: What inspired you to open your next McDonald’s location in DC Ranch?
A: Opening this new restaurant right in our neighborhood is a dream come true! When you own and operate McDonald’s restaurants, there is nothing more exciting than operating your neighborhood McDonald’s! Not to mention that now I’ll be able to meet my friends for a bite in less than five minutes from my home and office!
Q: Can you share the amenities you’ve planned for DC Ranch Crossing?
A: We’ve designed a modern, bistro-style setting, featuring a double drive-through (two lanes for faster service), with a dining room, patio seating and state-of-the-art food prep and service areas.
Q: What’s new at McDonald’s?
A: If you haven’t been in a while, you’re in for a treat! For starters:
- Egg White Delight made with freshly grilled egg whites, extra lean Canadian bacon, smooth white cheddar stacked on a toasted English muffin made with eight grams of whole grain.
- Fruit & Maple Oatmeal made with 100% natural whole-grain oats.
- McCafe Blueberry Pomegranate Smoothie made with blueberries, raspberries and pomegranate juice blended with ice and low-fat yogurt.
- Three new Quarter Pounder Burgers made from 100% beef on a toasted bakery-style bun, with your choice of Applewood smoked bacon and American cheese, Bacon Habanero Ranch, lettuce and tomato.
- Premium McWraps: Crispy or Grilled McChicken, with your choice of Applewood smoked bacon, cheese, Ranch and sweet chili.
Q: What is your all-time favorite item on the menu?
Wayne loves hotcakes and sausage or a spicy McChicken sandwich with fries or side salad (must have croutons). I prefer an Egg White Delight McMuffin and coffee, or a Cheeseburger, fries and Diet Coke.
Q: Are you hiring now for the DC Ranch location? Where should prospective employees apply?
We’ll start hiring for DC Ranch Crossing in early September. Interested members of the community are encouraged to apply on our website at www.mcarizona.com/34203.
Q: Dorothy, can you share plans for your Grand Opening Celebration?
A: It’s going to be a lot of fun! You’ll want to bring the whole family to Spin the Prize Wheel, enter to win a BMX bike and helmet, enjoy a Ronald McDonald Show and balloon artist. We’ll announce the date soon!
McDonald’s will be located in DC Ranch Crossing shopping center at 18241 N. Pima Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85255.